Monday 23 February 2015

Managing Objectives

One of the things that I decided to improve this year is how I manage my personal development objectives. I outlined the following requirements.
  • I need to manage a backlog objectives.
  • I want these objectives to be broken down into tasks of a granularity that can be completed in my spare time.
  • I want a task board so that I can see the tasks remaining broken into monthly sprints.
  • I'll need to access to this data from any location.
  • I'll want to collaborate with zangl ltd for some gaming and mobile development tasks.
 
For me, the next step was straight forward. I logged on to Visual Studio Online and created a new Team Foundation Service Project called 'Development Objectives'.
 
The interface is intuitive, the task management is straightforward, the backlog can be easily groomed and it even has a burndown chart to keep me on track.
 
My Personal Task Board

 
So far it is proving the perfect solution, get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment