One of the things that I decided to improve this year is how I manage my personal development objectives. I outlined the following requirements.
- I need to manage a backlog objectives.
- I want these objectives to be broken down into tasks of a granularity that can be completed in my spare time.
- I want a task board so that I can see the tasks remaining broken into monthly sprints.
- I'll need to access to this data from any location.
- I'll want to collaborate with zangl ltd for some gaming and mobile development tasks.
For me, the next step was straight forward. I logged on to Visual Studio Online and created a new Team Foundation Service Project called 'Development Objectives'.
The interface is intuitive, the task management is straightforward, the backlog can be easily groomed and it even has a burndown chart to keep me on track.
|My Personal Task Board|
So far it is proving the perfect solution, get started.